FUZE bring advanced composite technologies and the lessons of aerospace engineering to other commercial applications. We have a passion for providing our clients with excellent service in delivering solutions to challenging problems in difficult environments. Our clients and their industries are constrained only by their willingness to adopt beyond the status quo. FUZE is actively pursuing opportunities in renewables (wind and hydrogen) as well as light-weighting / reinforcing electric vehicles.
The FUZE team is growing and we are very excited to offer new opportunities to anyone interested in joining a people, technology and client-focused business.
We are seeking Composite Technologists to join our Project Delivery team.
- Access to an onsite workshop for you to get hands-on and trial solutions
- Opportunities for you to go to site, integrate with your field crew, interact with the clients, and experience the outcomes of your experiments
- Ongoing internal and external training, and future career development in areas that excite you
- Great company culture and team working environment
- A high degree of autonomy and flexibility in working arrangements
- A full-time permanent position with a competitive base and generous site uplift
- Salary sacrifice / discounted health insurance & health services, discounted vehicles
Responsibilities/duties of the role:
- Designing and working with composite materials using multiple techniques of construction
- Reporting through the engineering and technology group
- Trialling new ideas, making prototypes, breaking things, analysing failures and researching materials for a broad spectrum of uses
- If you like mechanical design and constructing with composite materials, then this role is for you.
- A keen eye for detail, a willingness to try new things and a passion for making things happen
- Practical experience with composites
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise duties appropriately
- Excellent data analysis and reporting skills
- Knowledge of safety protocols
- Develop and maintain good relationships with other personnel in the team
- Clear and effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must have the right to work in Australia
The successful candidates will be required to meet our pre-employment criteria including drug and alcohol screening prior to an Offer of Employment being made.