FUZE bring advanced composite technologies and the lessons of aerospace engineering to other commercial applications. We have a passion for providing our clients with excellent service in delivering solutions to challenging problems in difficult environments. Our clients and their industries are constrained only by their willingness to adopt beyond the status quo. FUZE is actively pursuing opportunities in renewables (wind and hydrogen) as well as light-weighting / reinforcing electric vehicles.
The FUZE team is growing and we are very excited to offer new opportunities to anyone interested in joining a people, technology and client-focused business.
We are seeking a Structural Engineer to join our Project Delivery team.
- The opportunity for you to design and engineer client solutions using composite materials technology
- Access to an onsite workshop for you to get hands-on and trial solutions
- Opportunities for you to go to site, integrate with your field crew, interact with the clients, and experience the outcomes of your planning
- Your ongoing internal and external training, and future career development in areas that excite you
- Great company culture and team working environment
- A high degree of autonomy and flexibility in working arrangements
- A full-time permanent position with a competitive base and generous site uplift
- Salary sacrifice / discounted health insurance & health services, discounted vehicles
Responsibilities/duties of the role:
- Communicating with clients about composite solutions for structural applications
- Reporting through the engineering and technology group
- Bachelors or higher in related engineering (structural, civil, materials, mechanical)
- CPEng or on the pathway to complete (Chartered Professional Engineer)
- Practical knowledge of composites
- Being able to analyse and assess structures and design remediation works with a strong understanding of corrosion mechanisms and effects
- Familiarity with FEA and an interest in developing your skills into complex modelling of multi-material systems
- A self-starter with a strong desire to learn new skills, and a willingness to ask questions
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise duties appropriately
- Ability to build rapport with clients and suppliers whilst maintaining a professional image/brand
- Develop and maintain good relationships with other personnel in the team
- Clear and effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to maintain high-quality performance under time-critical scenarios
- Must have the right to work in Australia
The successful candidates will be required to meet our pre-employment criteria including drug and alcohol screening prior to an Offer of Employment being made.